Tuesday, June 8, 2010

baby update

today i went to my doctor appointment, thinking i was having an ultra sound to check on the cysts and tear in the placenta wall. and then my plan was to ask the doctor if the baby was a boy or girl.

well, my doctor didn't plan on doing an ultra sound AT ALL. her plan was to make me drive 30 mins each way, to see her, just so she can ask me how i have been feeling. uuuummmm are you kidding me? i don't pay hundreds of dollars each time i come just for you to ask me how I'm feeling.
she wanted to discuss my feelings on having surgery to remove the cysts. and i told her i do not want surgery, i will deal with the daily pain, until baby is born. then i will have surgery.

so after we talked about surgery, i said " if your nice you would give me the ultra sound"
i think she got a little offended. but she did it, and I'm glad.
john & i both took today off work to see the baby. and i wasn't leaving there until i got to see.

ultra sound, found no tear in placenta wall. SCORE! that means it healed, which means i am less likely to have a miscarriage. woo hoo to that!
ultra sound didn't find any cysts, but i know they are still there, because i feel the horrid stabbing pain in my gut several times a day. so i have to wait to go to radiology ultra sound in two weeks, then i will know for sure if the cysts are there or not.

as far as baby.... we still don't know if its a boy or girl. we couldn't see the area :(
but we did see the heart beat, and it was going strong.
we saw a close up of the face, and its so cute!! i cant wait to meet he or she.
baby was looking right at us, big eye sockets (kinds creepy) and opening and closing the mouth, like he/she was talking to us.

doctor still wont let me go on bed rest for the rest of the pregnancy, she said wait 6 weeks, and if I'm still having horrible pains, then i can stop working.

 i wont find out if its a boy or girl till i go back in 2 weeks. i hope the next 2 weeks go by super fast.

3 comments:

  1. Mama!!!!
    This makes me happy. Happy to hear baby is doing well! My heart is all a flutter, as I'm sure yours is too. I'm so glad to hear about that tear healing, and the fact that the cysts weren't visible (could that possibly mean they are getting smaller and healing? I'll cross my fingers). Sounds pretty positive to me... I am sorry to hear that you are still in pain though, I do not like that. Try to take it easy, and hang in there a bit longer, and hopefully you can get excused from work.

    LOVE Love love you and baby so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear all of this. I think about you often. I can finally hear some excitement coming from you and thats awesome. You deserve to be happy and excited. That's excellent news about your placenta wall being healed up. This is awesome. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can start being more excited now that i see i am slowly getting better, and baby is doing great. john was so happy to see baby too.
    also i have been working hard at not over eating and ryan and i have been walking almost everyday. all my work is paying off, i have not gained any weight yet, i have lost 4 lbs in the past month. this is good for me, since i am already overweight i do not need to be gaining a ton durning this pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete