Thursday, August 5, 2010

baby update

i haven't posted a new blog in a month or so. we have been so busy this summer, and we will be even more busy in the coming weeks. i love keeping busy, and taking Ryan to fun exciting places weekly. I'm spoiling him this summer, since this summer is the last summer he will be an only child. i love spending every day with him, he brings such joy to my life. everyday he learns new things, and teaches me new things.

now update about baby in my belly:
as you probably know by now baby b. is a BOY!
and John, Ryan & I are so excited!
baby boy still has no for sure name.... we are pretty sure on a first name, but no middle name yet.
baby b. is healthy and happy and growing and kicking me all the time. he is very active, and i think he wants to break out. but he has to wait till Nov 15th (i wouldn't mind if he came out a week or two sooner)

as for me, i went to doctor yesterday, i still haven't gained weight, which makes me happy. i have plenty of fat to share with baby, no need to gain more. i have been eating better and exercising more. i plan to keep this routine once baby is here.
as of yesterday i am on bed rest/ disability leave. my cysts are causing more pain each day, as baby gets bigger and puts more pressure on my ovaries. so i will not return to work until well after baby is born.
this is a huge weight off my shoulders, i am always worried at work that just by working i will harm myself more. i act like I'm fine, i work just the same as i would when I'm healthy, i don't want sympathy, or to be treated like I'm disabled. so by working my butt off i cause myself more pain.

i talked to doctor about having a c-section so she can remove the cysts while baby is born, but she said no. having a c-section may be more harmful to baby and me, there are possibilities of bacterias harming us, and if there are complications with the cysts it could also hurt baby.
so i will have the baby naturally, and 6 weeks after baby is born, i will have surgery to remove cysts.
not what i wanted (but its what's best) . this means i will spend several weeks fully healing from baby being born, then right after several weeks of recovering from surgery. all during thanksgiving & Ryan's birthday & Christmas.  this holiday season will be exciting since i will have a new baby to love, but at the same time its going to be the hardest holiday season i will probably ever have.
but I'm strong, and stubborn, and i have John and Ryan loving me and supporting me every step of the way. I'm lucky to have them, and I'm so grateful.

3 comments:

  1. This post makes me so happy.
    It's so sweet.

    Although, I am sad to hear about the pain you are having to endure. I 'm ecstatic to hear about the kicking, and the leave from work, and the feeling healthy and what not. I saw pictures from you Grandfathers over the weekend, and you are looking gorgeous!
    The holidays will be exciting, and I hope you will let me help in any way I can while you are healing and caring for baby boy and Ryry. I'd be happy to come hang out and lend a hand when I'm not working.
    I cannot wait to meet baby boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: SVU Marathon day and Fabric, Sunday. Let's do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww. I like this. i'm so happy you are finally on leave from work!!!! you won't have to go back for helllllla long. That will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete